• Home
  • This is what you need to arrange when you have a house
Two people stand at the meter box and write down meter readings
Source: VluchtelingenWerk Nederland/Goedele Monnens
This is what you need to arrange when you have a house
Last updated: 6/20/2024, 2:47 PM

When you are assigned a house, there are many things you need to take care of. For example, you have to take out an energy contract and pass on your change of address. On this page you will find a list of all the things you need to do.

Borrowing money to furnish your home

Most municipalities allow you to get a loan to furnish your first home. This is called a furnishing loan. The amount of the furnishing loan varies by municipality.

In many cases, this is a loan. This means that you will eventually have to pay back to the municipality the money you borrow for the furnishings. In some municipalities, you get the money and do not have to pay it back. Check with your contact person at the municipality how this is arranged in your municipality.

You arrange the provisions and finances of your home

You arrange the following things in terms of money and provisions in your home:

Electricity and gas
Contents insurance
Television and internet
What do you think of this article?