Last updated: 3/15/2023, 10:09 AM

If you do not yet have a job or if you have been made redundant, you are entitled to benefits. This is an amount per month you get from the government. You can read more about this on this page.

Different types of benefits

If you have you yet found work or if your contract has not been renewed, you will receive financial support from the government. You get an amount per month that you receive from the government to live on. This is called an undefineduitkeringundefined. Even if you start working less, you can get a benefit in some cases.

You have to apply for benefits yourself from

'Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen' (UWV)

You may be entitled to:

  • An unemployment benefit (WW benefit)

  • An income support benefit

Unemployment benefit (WW)

VluchtelingenWerk Nederland (VWN) provides information about dismissal and benefits in the video below:

This content is hosted by a third party ( Because you declined to accept cookies we are only able to link you to YouTube itself instead of embedding it in our website: