Hotline support
go back

Are you looking for a doctor, dentist, psychologist or other medical care? The Netherlands offers a variety of options in the field of health care and health insurance, with support from the government, private or via humanitarian organisations.

Something missing?

Please share what you are missing and we will try to complete the information. Please note: this form is meant for suggestions, not for personal inquiries or requests. You will not receive a reply.
Last updated: Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Are you in need of mental support? On this page you can find where to go for mental support and help with processing traumatic events.

Free & anonymous psychological support

Do you need psychological help? MIND Korrelatie offers free and anonymous help from professional counselors. The organisation is available from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 21:00 on 0900-1450. You can also chat, app or email with a counsellor. For all opening hours and contact details, please visit the website.


Slachtofferhulp Nederland (Victim Support The Netherlands) provides emotional support for people indirectly affected by the war in Ukraine. For example if you have family, friends of acquaintances in Ukraine and you need emotional support because of the current situation, visit the website or call 0900-0101.

What to do when you experience psychological problems

If you are experiencing psychological symptoms, it is good to talk about it. You can make an appointment with a general practitioner. A general practitioner can refer you to a specialist. You can also look for an online specialist yourself and find more information on the website of NTVP. This information is available in English, Russian and Ukrainian.

You can read more about mental health issues by clicking the button below.

Psychological issues in children

Children can suffer from psychological issues. War and fleeing is hard for everyone, including children. The Kinderpostzegels foundation has developed a flyer for parents together with social workers. This flyer contains information about recognising psychological issues in your child and what you should do if your child shows psychological problems. The flyer is written in Dutch and in Ukrainian.

Support hotline for young people

The Alles Oké? (Everything Okay?) Supportline offers support to young people from 18 to 25 years old. Free and anonymous chatting and calling (0800-0450) is possible every day from 2pm to 10pm. Everything is discussable, also in English.

Video calls with psychologists

Wereld Psychologen ("World Psychologists") offers refugees and social workers free mental health care. Through a video call, you can get in touch with someone from the organisation and can get help from anywhere.

Suicide prevention

Looking for help? Contact your doctor or call this toll-free number: 0800-0113.

Rijksoverheid (Central government)

Do you need extra psychological support? Use this website of the Dutch government to find more information on where to find help.

Wijkteams (neighbourhood teams)

In the Netherlands, every municipality has a wijkteam (neighbourhood team). In a wijkteam, there are professionals with different kinds of knowledge and experience to help residents. They are there for you if you have mental problems. On the website below you can find more information about wijkteams. Ask your municipality how you can reach the wijkteam in your area.

Ukraine parenting

Do you notice that your children find the current situation difficult? On the website of 'Ukraine parenting' you can find several tips that help parents ensure the safety, support and mental health of their children.

Addiction treatment in the Netherlands

In the Netherlands, you need to get a referral by a General Practitioner (GP) to qualify for addiction treatment. The website of the GGZ-interventie shows a step-by-step plan of how the process of addiction treatment can look like. Besides this, Mainline offers training and information on drug harm reduction and rehabilitation assistance.

Helping children in time of crisis

Children can find it very difficult to cope with the war in Ukraine. Ukraine Parenting Resources has created a flyer for parents and guardians to help children deal with the war and flight. The flyer also gives advice on how you as a parent or guardian can keep your children safe in the new country of residence. You will find practical tips in the flyer on how to care for yourself in a time that can be tough on your mental health. The flyer is written in English and Ukrainian.

Help with alcohol addiction

When you have an addiction to alcohol, you are not alone. The GGZ offers addiction care and can help you with your problems. Suddenly stopping drinking alcohol is very dangerous. For treatment, you need a referral from your general practicioner. For more information, also without referral, you can always chat or call the GGZ via their website.