show menu options



Iemand zet een handtekening onder een document.

Source: Cytonn Photography

You need a personal number (BSN) to arrange personal matters in the Netherlands

Last updated: 11/14/2023, 11:02 AM
Share this article

If you fall under the Temporary Protection Directive (TPD), you have a personal number. You need this number in the Netherlands to arrange personal matters. This is called a Dutch citizen service number (BSN).

For this you can use your BSN

You need your personal

Click here for an additional explanation
Dutch citizen service number (BSN)
to arrange things in the Netherlands or with the Dutch government. For example, you need the number to open a Dutch bank account, apply for benefits or to work in the Netherlands.

This is how you get your BSN

If you have fled from Ukraine, you will receive this number after registering with the Dutch municipality under the TPD.

Does this article help you?