show menu options



Man wacht voor de gate op een vliegveld

Source: Pexels

If you do not have Ukrainian citizenship, DT&V offers a financial contribution for return

Published at: 5/26/2023, 1:00 PM
Share this article

If you have fled Ukraine, but do not have Ukrainian citizenship, you can use the remigration support of the Repatriation & Departure Service (DT&V). This financial support allows you to return to your country of origin.

What is the DT&V's remigration support?

Remigration support is assistance and a financial contribution when you leave the Netherlands. This assistance is intended to build a future in your country of origin, or a country outside the European Union where you can stay.

Who can take advantage of remigration support?

You can make use of remigration support if you:

  • Lived in Ukraine on the basis of a temporary residence permit 

  • Were registered with the municipality in the Dutch population register (BRP) before 19 July 2022

  • Your Temporary Protection in the Netherlands ends on 4 September 2023

If you do not have Ukrainian citizenship, but your Temporary Protection in the Netherlands continues until 4 March 2024, you can also make use of remigration support. For you, the Temporary Protection may also be extended to 4 March 2025. This is the case if:

  • You lived in Ukraine on the basis of a permanent residence permit

  • You lived in Ukraine with a (temporary) protection or asylum status

  • Your partner or minor child has Temporary Protection in the Netherlands

What do you receive through remigration support?

If you use the DT&V's remigration support, you will receive:

  1. Advice and information about remigration

  2. A one-way airline ticket

  3. Escorted departure at Schiphol Airport

  4. A one-time financial contribution of €5000 per person. You will receive this contribution upon your departure at Schiphol Airport if you have registered with the DT&V before 16 September 2023. And leave the Netherlands within 1 month of that registration.

What are the rules of remigration support?

If you make use of remigration support you will sign a declaration. This states that you will no longer make use of the temporary protection and/or other Dutch residence permit. You do retain the right to reapply for a residence permit in the Netherlands or Europe in the future.

How do you sign up?

If you would like to take advantage of remigration support, you can apply via the application form on the DT&V website. Below is a link to the website.

Is this article useful for you?