show menu options



Volwassenen spelen met klein kind.

Temporary housing

Last updated: 10/24/2023, 12:58 PM
Share this article

If you have fled from Ukraine, the municipality must arrange housing for you until you can rent accommodation yourself. You can also live temporarily with a host family.

Registering in Utrecht or Rotterdam

If you recently arrived in the Netherlands and have no place to sleep with friends or family, the Dutch government will make sure you get a place in a reception centre. Currently, there are two major transit locations in the Netherlands. From a transit location you will be assisted with finding a reception centre, food and medical care.

Please go to one of the locations below for a referral to a reception centre that has space:

Please bear in mind that there is no guarantee that you will be accommodated within your preferred municipality. For example, because there are no reception centres available within that municipality.

Emergency reception centre in the municipality
Staying with a host family
Renting from your host family
Living allowance during your stay
Does this article help you?